What To Expect And Bring
Congratulations for making the first step towards a better life
Sovereign Health aims to be your home away from home while you receive treatment. During your stay at Sovereign Health, be prepared to engage in different types of therapeutic and recreational activities such as equine therapy, yoga classes, hikes, beach outings and more. As such, we ask that you bring clothing that is both comfortable and appropriate for both indoor and outdoor activities. Please make sure to review the following information so that you know what you are allowed and not allowed to pack.
What should I bring to treatment?
Make sure to pack enough clothing for at least seven to 10 days. Patients are provided an on-site laundry facility and detergent free of charge so that they may do laundry during their stay.
Patients are allowed to bring the following items:
- One suitcase
- One small bag or purse
- Personal hygiene supplies such as bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, razors, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste and feminine hygiene products
- Blow dryer, flat iron and/or curling iron
- Walking and/or tennis shoes
- Socks and undergarments (several pairs)
- A jacket, sweatshirt or heavy sweater (for indoor use and cooler evenings)
- Bathrobe, slippers and pajamas (slippers cannot be worn in the clinical offices)
- Personal identification (e.g., insurance card, driver’s license, social security card)
- Long pants for equine therapy
- Portable music player such as an iPod or MP3 player (all music needs to be on a device without a send and receive function)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Personal address book, stationery and stamps
- Reading materials such as books and magazines
- Photos of family and friends
- Beach towel
- Pillow (pillows and bedding are provided, but some patients may wish to bring their own pillow)
Patients are not allowed to bring the following items:
- Clothing depicting or promoting drugs, alcohol or tobacco
- Over-the-counter (OTC) medications, unless approved for a specific condition
- Drug and/or alcohol paraphernalia
- Any items containing alcohol, including mouthwash, hydrogen peroxide and isopropyl alcohol
- iPhones, smartphones or other electronic devices with a send and receive function
- Laptop computers
- Cameras (for the sake of privacy)
- Radios or stereos with external speakers
Patients currently taking prescription medications will need to bring a 30-day supply with all prescribing information available on the bottle. Any vitamins and/or supplements must be provided in sealed containers. If you are due for a refill, please have prescriptions refilled at the pharmacy prior to your stay. Patients who bring prescription medications and supplements will need to have these reviewed and approved by the psychiatrist treatment team prior to use at Sovereign Health.
Other useful information
- All mail and packages are searched prior to receipt.
- Patients are not permitted the use of cellphones for the first 30 days of treatment.
- Phone access will be available to patients upon arrival so they may check-in with their families and during business hours.
- Email access is provided to patients during business hours.
- The primary therapist will contact families during the first week of treatment.
- There are weekly shopping trips for those who wish to bring money.
- Patients who bring cash have a maximum budget of $30, excluding the cost of cigarettes. For spending money, please consider a refillable gift card instead of cash or debit cards.
- Any items you wish to mail should be sent to Sovereign Health’s clinical suite.
If you have questions about what you can or cannot bring along with you during your stay, please contact a Sovereign Health representative at 888-530-4614 for more information.