Alumni Spotlight: Lance B.
- What was your life like before coming into Sovereign Health?
I was straight up powerless over alcohol/drugs and my life truly became unmanageable.
- What are the most difficult parts struggling with addiction/mental health?
It felt like I was sailing in the sea with no direction. After a while even the most mundane of situations became fearful.
- What did you learn during treatment that is most helpful in your life today?
- The ability to share my feelings
- Time management
- Relapse prevention
- How to walk away from a fight
- Describe how your life is different now. What is the best part of your life today?
I now sincerely love myself. I’m actually living my life day-by-day instead of future-tripping and past-tripping.
- What are some of your goals for the future?
I’m going to publish my poetry and save up some money so I can film, too.
- What would you want to tell other people that are struggling with the same issues right now that you were?
I’d tell them to stick it out and don’t leave before the miracle happens because it honestly does happen. I’ve straight up felt it.