Do I need treatment professionals to stay healthy?
When a person is living with co-occurring disorders, their treatment path can be more complicated than that of another patient. This is because multiple conditions can exacerbate each other, making it even more difficult to fully recover. For this reason, many individuals who live with co-occurring conditions can benefit from professionally administered dual diagnosis treatment.
Some signs that you might benefit from receiving treatment from a professional team include:
- A physical dependence on drugs or alcohol
- A history of failed treatment attempts
- A severe, negative impact on your life from drugs and/or mental illness including lost jobs, dissolved relationships and risky behavior
- Worsening symptoms of addiction and/or mental illness
- Unhealthy coping mechanisms
- Worry from friends and family members
- A rotating, ever-changing series of diagnoses
While some individuals are able to achieve mental well-being and sobriety without professional intervention, they remain in the minority. Most individuals with co-occurring conditions not only benefit from — but NEED — professionally administered care.
Mental health professionals at Sovereign leave no stone unturned when it comes to treating our patients. All patients receive a thorough physical and mental evaluation during the admissions process to determine whether any diagnoses have been missed by their previous doctors. We treat co-occurring conditions simultaneously rather than one at a time, since we understand how intensely one illness can influence another.
For more information about our clinical team and dual diagnosis treatment at Sovereign Health, please contact our 24/7 helpline.