The Sovereign Health’s Eating Disorder Program offers intensive care and treatment for adolescent and adult women with bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa, binge eating, food addiction, excessive exercise and associated problems.
The goals of the Eating Disorder Treatment Program at Sovereign Health are:
- Medical and psychiatric stabilization
- Achievement and maintenance of a healthy weight and body image
- Development of healthy patterns of thoughts and behaviors
We accomplish these goals through:
- Comprehensive assessment and identification of all underlying and co-occurring illnesses (depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse and others)
- Thorough, individualized treatment of all physical and mental illnesses
- Psychotherapy focused on healing, positivity and empowerment
Once nutritional status is stabilized, patients start to feel physically and mentally better. Our multidisciplinary team provides the intense care and therapy they need as they recover in a calm and supportive environment. Body image perceptions gradually become less distorted, while healthy lifestyle habits are developed. As they regain a sense of control over themselves and their lives, self-esteem improves with each successful milestone. We guide and support them as they transition to lasting recovery.