What is intensive outpatient treatment?
Intensive outpatient programs (IOP) provide mental health and substance abuse treatment without hospitalization or residential care. For example, in an intensive outpatient program mental health patients would be able to receive needed support throughout their week while keeping up a job. The same goes for those struggling with substance abuse or co-occurring conditions.
Most patients who choose intensive outpatient treatment programs:
- Cannot take time off work or school for residential treatment
- Do not require medically supervised detoxification
- Are newly sober and require extra support
- Are transitioning home or to sober living after completing residential treatment
Intensive outpatient rehab at Sovereign Health
Sovereign Health’s IOP programs are designed to meet the mental health needs of adolescents and adults. Intensive outpatient drug and alcohol treatment is also available. We also have a variety of specialized programs, some of which are specific according to age, gender or diagnosis. All IOP services are culturally and linguistically appropriate. We treat:
- Men and women
- Adolescents, adults, older adults
- Mental health disorders
- Substance use disorders
- Eating disorders
- Dual diagnosis