Support directory of behavioral health resources
In an effort to provide current and former patients, friends and families with continued care, education and support, Sovereign Health provides links to useful behavioral health websites and resources. You can visit these websites and learn more about mental illness and substance abuse, find support groups and read relevant research on behavioral health topics. The links listed below are for informational purposes only and do not constitute an endorsement by Sovereign Health or any of its employees for any of the site’s sponsors or presented products.
The following websites provide information and resources for individuals with mental disorders and their family members:
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) — a federal agency that supports clinical research trials on mental health and provides information about mental illness and related mental health topics, including the prevention and treatment of mental illnesses.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) — a nonprofit, self-help and support organization for families and friends of those with severe mental illnesses, including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and depression.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) — provides support, assistance and educational resources, along with lists of patient support groups throughout the United States, for clinicians and individuals with depression and bipolar disorder.
- MentalHealth.gov — provides access to the U.S. government’s mental health information, including basic facts about different mental health conditions, forms of treatment and support for people affected by mental illness and substance abuse, and resources to call for immediate help.
- Mental Health America (MHA) — a community-based, nonprofit organization committed to providing support, recovery and advocacy for mental health issues.